- April 18, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.188.8.131.521
+ MySQL: Support of MATCH full text search operator has been made.
= IBM DB2: The new DB2SyntaxProvider.ObeySchemaListFromDriver property has
been added to ensure the priority of the list of objects received from
the metadata provider (True by default).
- IBM DB2: The bug with selecting table schema instead of table owner
for schema name has been fixed.
- The reference to MySql.Data assembly in MySQL metadata provider has been
updated to the version 6.9.9.
- Adorner layer in the QueryColumnListControl has been fixed.
- March 24, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.184.108.40.2060
+ Captions on the Criteria Builder UI have been improved.
- WPF: Repeated click on the field with a combobox in the Query Columns List
cleared the displayed value. Fixed now.
- March 21, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.220.127.116.119
= Database Schema view in the Expression Editor is now grouped by database
- The bug with grouping database objects by type has been fixed.
- Properties dialogs were inoperable if there's no Properties sidebar on
the form. Fixed now.
- March 17, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.18.104.22.1688
+ Installer: Integration with Visual Studio 2017 has been added.
= Default prefixes aren't skipped now in item captions in the Database
= Oracle: Recognition of built-in constants has been improved.
= MS SQL: Recognition of built-in @@-named variables has been improved.
- The bug with removing of the "TOP n" clause in the query text has been
- User Queries structure tree isn't reloaded now on every SQL query change.
- Exception on opening the Expression Editor has been fixed.
- The checkbox in the header of the Grouping box works properly now.
- A Query Columns List row is removed now on clearing the value of the
= Constant expressions aren't appended to the grouping list now.
- The bug with keyboard navigation over the Query Columns List has been
- Links on the Design Pane are cleared properly now on switching between
- March 06, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.22.214.171.1247
+ SQLite: Support for the IS operator ("expr IS expr") has been added.
= Automatic links creation for self-linked objects has been improved.
- The bug with re-applying metadata filters has been fixed.
- Minor bugfixes have been made.
- February 27, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.126.96.36.1996
+ Now when the user selects the query editing command, the
UserQueriesView.EditUserQuery event is triggered, in which the developer
can save the current query before opening the new one, or he can open the
user query in a new window, the way it's done in the updated Full-featured
demo project. Also, the events are now fired on deleting, renaming and
moving user queries between the folders. You can review all API changes
in the release notes article.
+ The new helper class Core.UserQueries that consists of static methods has
been added to perform various manipulations with user queries, such as
adding, saving, moving, renaming them. It also has the means to save and
load user queries serialized in XML format.
= The updated Professional Full-Featured demo project illustrates the new
+ The data browsing UI is improved in the Full-featured demo project.
It now uses the Query Transformer API to modify SQL queries.
+ The new MetadataLoadingOptions.AllowRecursiveVirtualObjects property
allows specifying the mode of working with virtual objects. By default,
referring to other virtual objects in the text of a virtual object is
allowed. Such reference lets build a chain of objects to break complex
queries in a series of simple ones. However, in this mode, you can't use
the same-named physical object in a virtual object because of the emerging
recursion. Setting this property to false prohibits creation chains of
virtual objects, but allows to create virtual objects that substitute
physical database objects.
+ The new SQLite metadata provider has been added.
= The Query Structure demo project has been refactored.
- Removal of unused objects from the query when the
QueryBuilder.BehaviorOptions.DeleteUnusedObjects property is turned to
True has been fixed.
- January 27, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.188.8.131.525
+ The new SubQueryBreadcrumbsBar control has been made. It makes quickly
switch to parent sub-queries.
+ The new ActiveUnionSubQueryChanging event has been added to the QueryView
and QueryBuilder components. It lets deny switching to another sub-query
that might be helpful if you let end-users edit the text of sub-queries
apart from the main query, in the case of the sub-query text parsing
+ The new SubQueryTextEditingDemo project has been added to Professional
and Trial installation packages.
+ IBM DB2: The ListAgg function is supported now.
+ Query Statistics: The UsedDatabaseObjects and UsedDatabaseObjectFields
collections now include invalid objects and fields being used in the
query. They differ from valid objects by the absence of MetadataObject
(for objects) and MetadataField (for fields) references.
= The QueryStructureDemo has been refactored.
- The bug with creating Link controllers has been fixed.
- MS SQL Server: DATEPART parser ambiguity has been fixed.
- January 24, 2017
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.184.108.40.2064
+ The new SQLite metadata provider has been added.
+ Usability of Expression Editor is improved now with the new dockable panels.
+ SQL Text Editor with syntax highlighting is used now to edit joining
expression in the Properties bar and dialog.
+ Ability to deny switching to another sub-query has been made. It lets handle
parsing errors while editing the text of sub-query apart from the main query.
Handle the ActiveUnionSubQueryChanging event and set the e.Abort parameter
to true to deny sub-query changing.
+ Now it's possible to select multiple rows and drag them to reorder columns
in the SELECT list.
+ The new Query Structure Demo has been made.
+ PostgreSQL: Support of materialized view, TOAST tables and foreign tables
has been made.
+ Oracle: Support of the "AT TIME ZONE" clause has been added.
+ Firebird: Column name definition after alias in the FROM clause is supported
- The bug with not saving the layout of objects after parsing of modified
query has been fixed.
- The bug with loading of Query Transformer commands has been fixed.
- Minor fixes in the SQL Text Editor have been made.
- MySQL: Parsing of DATE, TIME, and DATETIME types as keywords has been fixed.
- December 22, 2016
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.220.127.116.113
= MS SQL Server: Custom aggregates aren't loaded now from linked servers.
- MySQL: Proper fix up of string aliases has been made to avoid control
hang on some queries.
- Firing of the SqlTextEditor.TextChanged event has been fixed.
- Crash after clearing some text in the SQL Text Editor in rare cases
has been eliminated.
- The SqlTextEditor.Font property has been fixed.
- The property DatabaseSchemaView.ShowFields property has been fixed.
- Saving query along with layout using the QueryView.LayoutSQL property
has been fixed.
- December 09, 2016
Active Query Builder 3 WPF Edition v.18.104.22.1682
= PostgreSQL Metadata Provider: Reference to Npgsql has been updated.
- Control crash when clearing the text and checking the asterisk item ("*")
on the table has been fixed.
- Displaying of Varchar(Max) and Varbinary(Max) data types in the datasource
fields list has been fixed.
= The bug not allowing to use Custom Expression Builder or Expression Editor
for both the Expression and Criteria columns has been fixed.
- MS SQL Server: List of valid identifiers has been updated.
- SQLite: Support for the string concatenation operator ("||") is fixed.
- Demo projects have been fixed.